Monday 10 March 2014

Nutrition, Food additives and Eczema with Usana




Well what a great week.  I feel so lucky to be part of this exciting company called Usana.  I am so passionate about health and helping people and so this is perfect for me.  I started my fan page called Heidi’s Healthy Tips which I had a goal to get 50 likes by the end of Saturday night and it happened.  The power of positive thinking and setting my intention worked and gee was I excited. 


Nutrition

Someone once said that most people tend to spend the first 40 years of their life neglecting their health to make money, then they spend the next 40 years spending that money to regain their health!  How true, yet how foolish!



With today’s polluted world, it has become clear that we need more protection than diet alone can provide, especially with antioxidants and minerals. Intensive farming methods have depleted our soils of essential nutrients, which in turn leads to fruit and vegetables with significantly less nutrient value than in our grandparents’ era. As well as processed foods to make it more convenient also removes a number of nutrients found in the natural state. Unripe food, the use of toxic sprays and chemicals, storing and cooking all take their toll.



The Essentials
Usana has

  • The Essentials which is an Antioxidant and Minerals, They are designed to provide optimal nutritional support for every age group.  The Essentials are formulated to do more than prevent nutritional deficiency.  The nutrients in the Essentials are set at levels to maintain optimal health and energy levels, based on the latest scientific data.

  • Body Rox for Teenage years are key to establishing healthy dietary habits that will last for a lifetime and building an optimal nutritional foundation for growth, development and physical maturation.  Most teens know what is good for them, but their busy lifestyles and the lure of convenience often results in poor diet choices.

    Usanimals
  •  Usanimals for kids is a balanced formula that supports healthy growth and development in children with an excellent range of essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants your child needs for healthy immune function and energy levels, bone support, growth and development. 


Body Rox Teens
We also offer Optimisers like BiOmega, Active Calcium and many more.  Please go to my website and do the True Health Assessment which you enter in your height, weight, a few family history details and it gives you a report.  It is all confidential and it is so interesting to just see the results in an extensive report.


Food additives

I have always been careful with what foods we eat and checked the ingredients list with my kids. I have a great little book called “The Chemical Maze” your guide to Food additives and Cosmetic Ingredients.  It’s been so well used but I and I also have the full edition app.  There is also a free app and the full edition app which is $7.49 which I would recommend you get.  I wish they bought out a scanner but apparently they haven’t been able too. 



Eczema

Madison dishing our Supplements
I believe with cutting out all the additives from Georgia’s diet made her eczema disappear.  The kids take their Body Rox and BiOmega everyday.  It is so scary what children have in their lunch boxes and we wonder why there is so much ADHD and allergies.  I think it is from what we are eating.  My son who is 22 still remembers how boring his lunch box was compared to his mates (poor kid) they only remember the bad things.  I thought he had yummy food and he blames me for his now chip addiction.  I heard an interesting fact that our generation is going to outlive our children because of children’s poor lifestyle choices these days.  That is so scary.



Home cooking

I always try to have home cooked foods in the house for school lunches and afternoon tea.  Cause you know what kids are like they are always hungry.  We spend our Sunday afternoons baking.  The girls make a bit of a mess and I always seem to be in charge of the clean-up while they bake but it’s something we all do together.  It’s the old fashion cooking but we use wholemeal flour and probably a bit of sugar but at least I know what is in it.



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for that post Heidi. I have never suffered from eczema personally but I know many people who have and they find it very frustrating. My brother-in-law has had good results with the Essentials as well as BiOmega (fish oils) and E-Prime (vitamin E supplement). He also puts Serum Intensive, a serum packed full of vitamin C and grape seed extract, on the lesions when they flare up. He has found this very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have to wrap Georgia's legs when she was little cause it was so bad I wish I new about Usana then.

    ReplyDelete